Company Admin is accessible via the icon in the top right corner of your browser.
Step 1 - Review your Company Information
1. Click the "Edit Company Information" link.
- Review and Update Company Details.
- Create Company Profile.
2. If your Company has more than 1 Branch or Location, click the "Manage Alternate Addresses" link.
- Click the icon in the upper right corner.
- Enter Address Details and Save to continue.
- This address will then be available on each Project to select for your Users.
3. Click the "Edit My Company Logo" link
- Here you upload a logo for your Company that will appear at the top of the page when you are on your dashboard and when users are viewing your Projects, Buildings or Binders.
- NOTE: A wider version of your logo tends to work better.
Step 2 - Create User Accounts in your Company
1. Click the "Manage Users on My Company (Employees)" link, then click the "New User" link.
2. Enter the Users contact information.
3. You can set Users State:
- Private Users are visible only to other users in your Company.
- Public Users are visible to Affiliates and also show on your Company Profile page.
- Available to Affiliates Users are visible to Companies you are affiliated with (default).
4. You can also set Additional permissions on the Add/Edit User page via the dropdowns at the bottom of the User Admin page.
- You can set permission for each user on your Company allowing them to create Projects, Buildings, Binders and Product Pages.
5. Finally, if you want to alert the User that an account has been setup for them, set the email user drop down to Yes. You can also add a short note to the User via the text box.
Step 3 - Establish "Affiliations" with other Companies on MasterLibrary
1. To be able to add Users from other Companies to your Project Teams or allow them access to your Facility Records you need to first be affiliated at the Company level in MasterLibrary.
2. From the Company Admin screen, click on "Look for other Companies Using MasterLibrary".
3. Then click on the "Create Affiliation" link next to the Company you want to work with.
4. Once your Company Accounts are affiliated you will see Users from that Company (that are marked as "Available to Affiliates" or "Public") in the drop down on the Project Team management page and on the Set Access page when you are managing access for a Binder or Building.
Step 4 - Create other Companies not yet on MasterLibrary
As explained in Step 3, in order to work with another Company they must exist in MasterLibrary and be affiliated with your Company.
1. From the Company Admin screen, click the "Setup a new Company that I will Manage" link.
2. Complete the form including the Company information and information for an initial User. NOTE: this initial User will be granted Company Admin rights on this new Company.
3. Click the button at the bottom of the page and MasterLibrary will create the new Company and email the initial User that an account has been created for. MasterLibrary will also send them instruction steps 1 and 2.
4. You will want to encourage this initial User to review their Company information, upload their logo and create additional Users that will need access to your Project, Buildings or Binders.
5. However, this is not always practical and so MasterLibrary allows you to Manage Companies that you have setup via the "Manage Companies that I have Setup" link on the Company Admin page.
6. When you click on the "Manage Companies that I have Setup" link you will see a list of Companies you have created.
7. Clicking the company name will allow you to modify basic Company information.
8. Click the "Manage Users" to add additional users or to edit User information previously entered. NOTE: We require at least one User on each Company be a Company Admin, so before you can leave this page, you will need to make sure at least one user is marked as the "Company Admin" via the checkbox. The first User you created when setting up the Company will, by default, be a Company Admin.
Even though you are able to manage this Company and their Users for them, we strongly encourage you to encourage the person you setup as the Company Admin on the new account to assume responsibility for their Company and to set up additional Users. They can assume control of their Company via the "Assume control of this account" link at the bottom of the Company Admin page only visible to them. As a Company Admin yourself, you will see a similar link and drop down at the bottom of the Company Admin page to "Transfer Control" of your Company to a different User.
NOTE: As a "Remote Company Admin" for this new Company you may see requests to approve a new User from other Companies using MasterLibrary that have affiliated with this Company. This happens when you still have Company Admin access on a Company you setup on MasterLibrary and then another Company requests a new User be created under this Company. From the Company Admin page there is a link to "Manage Users Pending Approval" which will show you this list of Users requested by other MasterLibrary Users.
9. Additional setup steps for Companies using Facility Records and Binder Modules (Companies using only PROJECT modules can skip this step)
- To help you organize your Binders and Buildings there are 6 additional links at the bottom of the Company Admin page. (NOTE: Access to these pages are also available from the Building and Binder log pages via the icon for Users that have been setup as being able to Add Buildings or Add Binders)
- Via these link you can set up your Customer list and associated Campus lists, Project lists and Building lists. In addition, you can create your Building Function and Systems lists.
- In this group of links you will see each links where you can manage these items.
- Campus (for customers with multiple sites)
- Building Functions (useful for large campuses with many buildings)
- This list of Buildings can also be viewed and managed via the Building List when you click on the Facility Record link at the upper left corner of this site.
- Systems (for use with Binders only)
- Projects (for use with Binders only)
- NOTE: this list of Projects is NOT the same list that Project Module Subscribers will see on via the Project Link at the upper left corner of this site.
Please sign in to leave a comment.