To Create a New Project
1. First enter the Project area of the site by clicking Projects link at the upper left of the site.
2. When the project list page is displayed - click on the plus icon at the upper right of the page.
3. Enter the project name and then click
Continue with Project Setup - Once inside a Project, click the icon in the upper right of the tool bar menu to access the Project Admin page.
Manage Project Information - Here you can rename the Project and set the Home Page Content (this is the white space below the blue menu area on the Project homepage).
Setup Project Team - Setup Users to be on your Project via the "Manage Project Team" link on the Project Admin page.
1. Build your Project Team by adding Users to your Project from your Company and Users from the Companies that you are affiliated with.
2. If the Company or User you are looking to work with on a Project does not have an account on ML - you can simply create one for them by entering their e-mail address.
3. Alternatively, you can have the other Company create their free account here.
4. Once they have setup their account and your Companies are "affiliated" you will be able to add their Users to your Project.
Setup Access for Users - You can then control each Users permissions via the "Manage Project Users Access to Tools" link on the Project Admin page.
1. Note - by default all tools are turned on for the User that created the Project - this includes the Project Admin link.
- If you turn off this link and need it restored you will need to have Company Admin rights for the Company that created the Project to turn it back on.
2. Once on the Manage Project User Access page you can grant project team members access to tools and grant various permissions by selecting the module that the tool is in and the Company you want to manage. This will display the Users from the selected Company and the tools available in the selected module. Simply check the box and the User will instantly see the tool in the project.
Setup Alternate Addresses for Users - From the Project Team page, accessible via the icon in the Project Menu.
1. Note - by default all Users are associated with their default Company address.
2. Click the icon to associate each User with a new alternate address they have created from Company Admin.
Set Default Folder Permissions - Set Default Folder Permissions via the "Manage Default Folder and File Permissions" link on the Project Admin page.
- This allows you to set the initial permissions for any folder created in the root of the Files tool (all sub folders by default inherit from it's parent folder).
Manage Project Contingency and Transfer To/From Contracts - Select the "Manage Project Contingency" link on the Project Admin page.
- This allows you to increase or decrease the overall project contingency.
- You can also transfer from the project contingency to a specific contract, or from a specific contract back into the overall project contingency.
Please sign in to leave a comment.